Game Brainstorm

 Below is four game idea's i have thought i could make in unity, There is game ideas i have planned below that have inspiation from my favorite child hood games and also from the most popular games on the app store the last couple of years. The game ideas i have  below are only starting points and ideas i hope to choose one or two to develop further and eventually pick one to develop from an idea to a game.

When i first thought about braistorming pottential game ideas i thought i should look at the app store  on my iphone and see the most popular apps right now and see if any inspiration can be taken from them. While i  had a look on the app store some games that stood out to me was , Mario , House Makeover and My cafe. The reason for this is because as i was younger these were the exact games i used to love and are deffinitly where i will take inspiration from for my game ideas.

I decided to further my brainstorming by creating a Miro board as this is where i could visually plan out four game ideas.

 

Game one:

The first game idea that i thought of came from one of my favorite child hood games, Mario bro's i love games that are basic enough as in 2D and one player i like these basic obstical / reward games because i personally don't like games that are over crowded and busy. 

The game idea i have thought of with the idea of mario bros in mind is a prince and princess theamed game set in a forest. When i was younger like any little girl i always loved princesses and the idea of a prince resucuing a princess with that in mind, I thought of a game set in a dark forest in which the prince must tackle obstacles like climbing high walls of green ivy , Falling trees and poison filled mushrooms in order to collect coins to buy his princess a ring and win wisk her of her feet. The idea of this game is to keep the game itself simple enough but still exciting with booby traps and exciting plot twists but to keep it visually very exciting and differnt because persoanlly i love a game thats full of colour and imagery.

Game Two:

The second game idea that i have thought of is a cooking style game, when  was younger i also used to love playing chef and games that involved me to cook i think all children love the idea of playing grown up so thats where my inspiration for this game comes from.

As this being my first real game i will have created i thoght as much as its fun to come up with a really interesting and jam packed game i also have to be realistic and think simplistic and user friendly untill i build my knowledge of unity and game design. For this game i thought of my favorite food italian, I thoght of a game set in an old italian pizzaria. The game will be 2D and one player. The game will intale a chef with orders to prepare for a number of customers. Some obsticals that could be inplace is time pressure , moody impatient customers or group orders i there could also be hidden  booby traps like gone off pizza sauce which would increase the time pressure ect, This game is very simplistic and basic but i think its important i cover easy aswell as complex as im not sure how the development stage of my game will go.

Game Three:

The third game idea i have has came from probably my favorite Nintendo game ever , Nintendo dogs. I think again as children we always want pets esppecially if you grew up in a house where you didnt have pets. I for one always wanted dogs and when i was ever out with my mam i would aways stop and pet any dogs that were around and i remember i used to always ask y mam if we could have a sleepover with our neibours dog.

For my third game idea i have thought about a one player game that again is 2D this game will be dog focused and the aim of the game will be to resuce the dog from whatever obstacle is in the way. My idea is to not just have a basic dog thats stuck in a tree and needs to be lifted down. I will have a game that is simple but the obsticals will be complex and i plan to keep this a very mind focused game. Like those games you used to play with four differnt options but only one works, if that makes sense i plan to have for example a puppy stuck in the top level of a house but theres many obstcles like broken stairs or a burning door preventing the player from rescuing the animal i plan to keep the game very mental and not so straight forward so the player must think of a soloution that isnt straight infront of them in order to complete that level and rescue the dog.

Game four:

When i was trying to think of  fourth game idea my mind and imagination began to run out. For this game idea i took inspiration from our reading week three task which was to read What is a game anyway? This papper written by Annakaisa Kultimas the person being intervewed said to take inspiration from everyday life, I personally have a huge interest in the gym and my dad has a huge passion for running this reminded me of a brilliant game i used to love called temple run. This is a typical one player run for your life and try to not fall or be killed along the way type of game.

while i was thinking of this i was also reminded of one of my favorite games jumanji, for my fourth game i have decided to take inspiration from both of these in order to create a one or multi player 2D game, set in a rainforest in india this game will inatale the 'chase' in which the player or players will have to run dodgeing animals , obsticals and hidden suprises along the way the game will be reward based in which the players can win immunity to certain obsticles of extra speed or in some cases win tools that can come in handy for some secret suprises ,  for example a player may win a knife which may ome in handy for an obsticle that needs to be cut in order to pass through. This game is complex but its also busy and quick paced its also a game that both young an older people may enjoy and as its a game i like myself i feel like i would enjoy creating it.






Comments

Popular Posts